MENDIDIK: Jurnal Kajian Pendidikan dan Pengajaran (MENDIDIK) is managed by the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education of Universitas Mathla'ul Anwar Banten. The aim of MENDIDIK is to provide an international forum for the sharing, dissemination and discussion of research, experience and perspectives across a wide range of education, teaching, development, instruction, educational projects and innovations, learning methodologies and new technologies in education and learning. MENDIDIK was published regularly twice a year, in April and October.
For strengthening scientific base and academic spirit in Faculty of Teacher Training and Education of Universitas Mathla’ul Anwar Banten, a journal namedMENDIDIK: Jurnal Kajian Pendidikan dan Pengajaran (MENDIDIK) is launched. The MENDIDIK was built on April 1, 2015 and officially got ISSN printed version and online then stated as a scientific journal on April 16, 2015. The journal published the first edition (Volume 1 Number 1) on April 2015.
MENDIDIK: Jurnal Kajian Pendidikan dan Pengajaran, a peer-reviewed journal, is an interdisciplinary publication of original research and writing on education. The journal aims to provide a forum for scholarly understanding of the field of education and plays an important role in promoting the process that accumulated knowledge, values, and skills. Scientific manuscript dealing with contemporary educational topics are particularly welcome to be submitted. The journal encompasses research articles, original research report, reviews, short communications and scientific commentaries in education in any fields including:
- Education development
- Education management
- Philosophies of education
- Educational approaches, etc.
Submitted papers are evaluated by anonymous referees by double blind peer review for contribution, originality, relevance, and presentation. The Editor shall inform you the results of the review as soon as possible, hopefully in 2 weeks. Please notice that because of the great number of submissions that MENDIDIK: Jurnal Kajian Pendidikan dan Pengajaran (MENDIDIK) has received during the last few months the duration of the review process can be up to 3-4 months, with the following stages.
- Submission of an original manuscript via electronic online submission;
- Quick and holistic judgement by the MENDIDIK Main Editors whether manuscript fits the Focus and Scope of the Journal and is comprehensible. If it does not, the Author will be notified with an e-mail of rejection;
- Assignment of 2 managing editors and one Main Editor to the manuscript by the editor-in-chief (or by the deputy editor-in-chief). The role of the Main Editor on the Managing Editors Team to represent the voice of the author (about a week);
- Quick but more in-depth judgment and decision by the Managing Editors Team on whether the manuscript has to be rejected without sending it to the full scale peer review. The rejection should be based on being out of the Aims and Scope of the journal or on having unsalvageable problems with the quality of its argumentation, grounding, and/or research that would not promise an important contribution and productive dialogue in the mathematics educational field (no revision is possible). If the Managing Editors disagree with each other or find the manuscript promising, the manuscript moves to the next step (2 weeks);
- The Managing Editors Team selects 2 competent reviewers in the appropriate field in or out of the MENDIDIK reviewers team and send them the manuscript aiming at 4-week review. If the invited reviewer do not accept the assigned job in a week or two, they have to be replaced with new reviewers. The reviewers provide recommendation to the editors, justifications, and suggestions (if appropriate) based on their own authorial judgment (4-6 weeks);
- The Managing Editors Team makes their authorial decision informed by the Reviewers’ Comments and their own authorial judgment: (“Decline Submission”, “Resubmit for (new) Review”, “(minor) Revision Required”, or “Accept Submission (as it is)”. If they cannot make the decision, the Editor-in-Chief is assigned to make it (or a Deputy of the Editor-in-Chief depending on circumstances) (1 week);
- If the manuscript is sent back to the author(s) for major or minor revisions, and the author(s) decide to follow the recommendations and resubmit the revised manuscript, there is a 2-month deadline for resubmissions. If the revisions are not submitted within 2 months, the article will be automatically archived, unless there is a new deadline negotiated with the Managing Editors. In case the author(s) still wishes to pursue the publication in MENDIDIK, they will be asked to create a completely new submission. In case the author(s) decide to withdraw the manuscript they should inform the Managing editors right away.
Submission evaluation criteria:
- Value or usefulness to field or profession.
- Adequacy of design/accuracy of analysis.
- Presentation and interpretation of findings, discussion, and conclusions.
- Inclusion of appropriate implications for practice and/or policy.
- Important and timely.
- Consistency with existing literature.
- Overall clarity of ideas and expression.
- References to relevant existing work.
- Grammatical construction; writing style; use of non-sexist language.
MENDIDIK provides immediate open access to all article on the principle that making research freely available to the public; supports a greater global exchange of knowledge; and invaluable way to maximize the visibility and impact of research, especially guidance and counseling field. This means:
- Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles published in MENDIDIK;
- Everyone is free to re-use the published material if proper accreditation/citation of the original publication is given;
- Open a oportunity for potential benefits for society, this can improve the research profile of author(s);
- Open access publication is supported by the authors' institutes or research funding agencies by payment of a comparatively free Article Processing Charge (APC) for accepted articles.
Important Note: some articles (especially Reviews) may contain figures, tables or text taken from other publications, for which MENDIDIK does not hold the copyright or the right to re-license the published material. Please note that you should inquire with the original copyright holder (usually the original publisher or authors), whether or not this material can be re-used.
MENDIDIK is fully committed to the cause of digital preservation of scientific research. The digital content of the Journal is extremely valuable and measures are in place to ensure both its current accessibility and long-term preservation.
The MENDIDIK articles in digital format are archived on Perpustakaan Nasional RI (Indonesia OneSearch-IOS) and in the Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD). All digital Journal content is stored on a secure server which is backed up frequently. In the event of a problem, the back-up will be restored within 24 hours.
Abstracting and Indexing
Just having an article published is not enough. The sheer number of articles out there makes discoverability an essential issue. To be recognized as a first-class source of information, a journal must be widely available. And as most searching is now done online, it is paramount for individual articles and journals to be indexed by leading abstracting and indexing (A&I) services.
The MENDIDIK open uses the XML metadata (and full text) format, which is based on NLM DTD, a widely used industry standard that enables automatic data export to a large number of partners. MENDIDIK open closely cooperates with the majority of A&I services, citation indexes, and discovery services such as